Ecological Sanitation Research (EcoSanRes)
Ecological Sanitation Research (EcoSanRes) is an international environment and development programme on ecological sanitation including networking, capacity building and pilot projects in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
Click on the menus to the right to access related publications, news, projects and contact persons.
It aims to introduce and develop sustainable sanitation practices to urban and rural areas of the developing world through a global network of regional nodes.
Currently there are eight knowledge nodes located in:
- Burkina Faso
- Southern Africa: the Southern Africa knowledge node on sustainable sanitation (external link)
- Central America
- China: the China Node on Sustainable Sanitation (external link)
Further details and contact information are available from the Knowledge Node page on the EcoSanRes website (external link).
EcoSanRes is sponsored by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) and managed by Stockholm Environment Institute.
EcoSanRes has three components:
- Outreach: Promotion, Networking and Dissemination
- Capacity: Knowledge Management, Methods Development, Studies and Training
- Pilot Projects: Asia, Africa and Latin America
Download Ecological Sanitation Research fact sheet here
External web site: www.ecosanres.org
SEI is also a founding member of the Sustainable Sanitation Alliance (SuSanA).