Author(s): Rosemarin, A., Dagerskog, L., Ekane, N., Fogde, M.
In: Proceedings from SEI/EcoSanRes2 Workshop, Sweden
August 24-25, 2009.
Link to SEI author(s):
Sanitation policies and regulatory frameworks are important tools and key elements when promoting and implementing sustainable sanitation including reuse of nutrients in wastewater, human excreta and greywater. The workshop participants represented all parts of the world and a major experience in the field of sustainable sanitation.
Sanitation Policies and Regulatory Frameworks for Reuse of Nutrients in Wastewater, Human Excreta and Greywater
During this workshop, presentations and discussions were mainly focused on the following themes;
- What are the national , international drivers for policy change?
- What are the components of a successful sustainable sanitation policy contemplating safe use of nutrients from wastewater and human excreta?
- Informal processes influencing policy change and policy implementation
- Analyses of the cycle from policy development to policy implementation
- Exchange of experiences in different policy development processes
- Necessary requirements for policy enforcement
- WHO Guidelines for the Safe Use of Wastewater, Excreta and Greywater in Agriculture and Aquaculture guidelines and their influence on national legislation process
Download the workshop proceedings here (pdf)