Author(s): Hamza, M., L. Moriniere, R. Taylor, N. Matin and B. Ali
In: Hamza, M., L. Moriniere, R. Taylor, N. Matin and B. Ali (2010). Emerging Issues: Forced Migration by Climate Change In: R. Fujikura and M. Kawanishi (eds.) Climate Change Adaptation and International Development. Earthscan. Ch. 4.3.
Type: Book chapter
Link to SEI authors:
Emerging Issues: Forced Migration by Climate Change
In this book the editors have brought together a wide range of case studies from across Africa and Asia, covering urban and rural areas and different sectors including water, agriculture and disaster management, in order to examine the following:
- high-resolution climate change projection in Asia and how this can be used in planning appropriate adaptation responses
- in-depth case studies of climate change projections, social, economic and environmental impact and vulnerability assessment and adaptation in rural Thailand and urban Philippines
- cases across Africa for which climate data is less readily available and alternative approaches need to be adopted
- the current situation amongst international donors
- emerging issues caused by climate change
External link to order publication.