Type: Annual report
Link to SEI author(s):
SEI Annual Report 2007
SEI's annual report for 2007 has a strong focus on climate change and the bridge between science and policy.
- In 2007 SEI has been strongly devoted to bridging science and policy in the field of climate change and development. In the future SEI will continue to commit all its efforts to advancing social-ecological understanding and driving a transition towards a sustainable future, says Johan Rockström, SEI Executice Director.
Central to SEI’s work is the recognition that environmental issues cannot be considered in isolation: climate change must be seen in the context of sustainable development, vulnerability, ecosystem and resource management, the atmospheric environment, and renewable energy.
The report highlights SEI’s high-profile activities, such as its contribution to the Nobel Prize-winning IPCC and its work at last year’s Bali climate conference. It also presents SEI’s efforts in a range of other areas, such as:
· Advising government on climate policy
· Progressing ecological sanitation
· Advancing sustainability in the Mekong region
· Connecting air pollution and climate change for joined-up policy
· Communicating environmental issues
Another focus is SEI’s institutional development: in 2007 SEI helped to successfully establish the Stockholm Resilience Centre, and was selected as the UN Environment Programme Collaborative Centre on Adaptation to Climate Change. The report also includes a list of selected publications by SEI staff and an administrative snapshot of the institute.
Download the 2007 annual report (PDF: 1.53MB)