At its heart, sustainable development is about giving people the opportunity to build resilience by providing them with more options in their lives and livelihoods. We provide new insights into good governance for sustainable development in the face of social and ecological change.
Transforming Governance sub-themes
We work to advance new insights into good governance for sustainable development in the face of social and ecological change
- stakeholder engagement and dialogue tools to generate concrete understanding that empowers, build capacities and facilitates different modes of learning;
- livelihoods improvement and change processes with particular emphasis on institutional dynamics;
- analysis of politics and policy processes including cross-scale and multi-level interactions;
- innovative knowledge-sharing with a range of stakeholders and policymakers on the impact of action plans, governance arrangements and practices for sustainable development; and
- monitoring, evaluation and learning that encourages a participatory approach.
Read more about Transforming Governance on the theme factsheet...